Skip to main content
- Abt, Jeffrey (1986) The Book Made Art: A Selection of Contemporary Artists' Books
- Alexander, Charles, ed. (1995) Talking the Boundless Book: Art, Language, and the Book Arts
- Bury, Stephen (1995) Artists' Books: The Book As a Work of Art, 1963–1995
- Brown, Kathryn, ed. (2013), The Art Book Tradition in Twentieth-Century Europe: Picturing Language.
- Castleman, Riva (1994) A Century of Artists Books
- Celant, Germano and Tim Guest (1981) Books by Artists
- Drucker, Johanna (1994). The Century of Artists' Books. Granary Books
- Drucker, Johanna (1998) Figuring the Word: Essays on Books, Writing, and Visual Poetics
- Hubert, Rennée Riese, and Judd D. Hubert (1999) The Cutting Edge of Reading: Artists' Books
- Journal of artists' books (Online). Columbia College (Chicago, Ill.). Center for Book & Paper Arts.
- Khalfa, Jean (2001) The Dialogue between Painting and Poetry: Livres d'Artistes 1874–1999, Black Apollo Press
- Klima, Stefan (1998) Artists Books: A Critical Survey of the Literature
- Lauf, Cornelia and Clive Phillpot (1998) Artist/Author: Contemporary Artists' Books
- Lyons, Joan, ed. (1985) Artists' Books: A Critical Anthology and Sourcebook
- Perrée, Rob (2002) Cover to Cover: The Artist's Book in Perspective
- Salamony, Sandra (2012) 1000 artists' books : exploring the book as art. Quarry Books.
- Weber, Marshall, Ed. (2018) Freedom of the presses : artists' books in the twenty-first century. Booklyn.